Though this isn't a Super Bowl XLIV item per say, it does have to do with a Super Bowl MVP. It's also the biggest news in the NFL today. So we feel the need to mention it. And in case you've been trapped under a very fat person today, or work for NORAD, then you know that Cardinals QB Kurt Warner announced his retirement from the NFL earlier this afternoon.
So rather than give our own take on it, here's a look around the globe on Warner hanging em up:
- ESPN's Seth Wickersham has a piece recapping Warner's remarkable story
- The Trenches' Dennis Dillon gives us three Hall of Fame QBs who think Warner deserves a spot in Canton.
- Ray Ratto reminds us that Warner's Hall of Fame candidacy is in the hands of the writers
- DesMoinesRegister.com's piece on how Warner is a Hall of Famer OFF the field
- The St. Louis Rams and Larry Fitzgerald are among those honoring Warner's career
- NBC Poll: Does Warner deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?
- Tony Romo is sad to see Warner retiring
Except one particular e-mail Super Bowl XLIV Blog has been able to exclusively attain. It was sent to Warner by a firstname.lastname@example.org and had the following e-mail attachment:
Retirement??? Whatchu talkin bout Kurt?
Not quite sure what to make of this, or who that e-mailer might be. But there's always someone looking to spoil the fun. Congrats on a great career, Kurt Warner!