....get ready for a crapload of storylines and puff pieces!
Thaaaat's right. Super Bowl XLIV in Miami is all set. And fans of Rachel Nichols and golden-hued lighting everywhere can rejoice! What with a whole 12 days to go before the big game, the media has a lot of time to cover the heaps of stories-behind-the-stories-behind-t
he-stories that are sure to captivate and enthrall America -- nay! The world!
There is, of course, the entire city of New Orleans and everything it's been through since Katrina. It's a pretty great story, actually. A city ravished by a monstrous hurricane, rising from the darkness and rebuilding not only its devastated city structures but its identity as well. Even the President is rooting for the Saints for this very reason. And it will remain a great story until the endless vignettes featuring Harry Connick Jr. driving around town with Sean Peyton riding shotgun drives it straight into the ground.
There's also Archie Manning and his burdensome dilemma. Should he root for the his team? Should he root for his son's team? On one hand, Peyton Manning is his son. On the other, Archie played for the Saints, lives in New Orleans, and has been a long-suffering Saints fan. But, hey, Peyton's already won a Super Bowl. So the Saints it is! Suck on that, son! Oh wait. He's already claimed he's rooting for Peyton .
Regardless of this piece of news, you should still expect to hear about Archie's non-existent dilemma all the way up to kickoff, and even during the broadcast itself.
Other stories we'll surely be bombarded with:
- Reggie Bush and Kim Kardashian
- Drew Brees returns to Miami after the Miami Dolphins rejected him -- twice!
- Jim Caldwell is black! And he's coaching in the Super Bowl!
- Both the Colts and the Saints almost went undefeated! But didn't!
- Will Brett Favre really retire? C'mon you didn't think him not being there would keep this story down, did you?
- Peyton Manning's second trip to the Super Bowl is in Miami, the same city where he won his first Super Bowl. Coincidences are fun!
- Peyton Manning is from New Orleans! No, really!
- Kim Kardashian and Reggie Bush